This ca. 1940 painting of Deer Isle by Malvin Marr Albright belonged to the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C. When the gallery closed, the painting was given to the Deer Isle-Stonington Historical Society. It now hangs in the Deer Isle town office. The following buildings are identified in the painting: 1.In the 1940s, “Jerry’s Restaurant” (Gerald Eaton); 2. Store owned by Norman and Sadie Powers, sold magazine, candy, newspapers and tobacco; 3. Barber shop owned by Edgar (“Neddie) and Harriet Haskell, sold boots, shoes, drugs and tobacco. Upstairs, Dr. George Wheeler practiced dentistry in the summer; 4. Beck’s Market, sold meats and groceries; 5. Haskell and Pickering Garage, sold gasoline, did auto repair and was an auto dealership; 6. M.D. Joyce Hardware and Barter Lumber Co. office; 7. Walker Pickering’s IGA store, sold meats and groceries; 8. Henry Haskell Fish Market, the Leonard Dramis, “Leonard’s Men’s Store,” a men’s barber shop, men’s clothing and electrical supplies; 9. Arthur Barter, torn down; 10. Lumber wharf, O.B. and F. P. Weed; 11. Arthur Barter, torn down and lumber used to build George Hardy’s house on North Deer Isle; 12. Gross Block, owned by Dr. Tewksbury; 13. Library.