On the National Register
The Old Surry Village School, built in 1872 and restored over the past five years, was named to the National Register of Historical Places in March, thanks to countless hours of work by a core of volunteers led by Glynete Thomson, and contributions and fundraising proceeds equaling about $100,000.
Glyneta Thomson displays the certificate from the National Register of Historic Buildings at the July 18 Surry Town Meeting.
The restored Old Surry Village School shines on a summer afternoon. The building was named to the National Register of Historic Buildings on March 13.