Penboscot Bay Press Compass Logo

Penobscot Bay Press
Community Information Services

Photo Gallery

Fire on Moose Island

Firefighters peruse damage at the Moose Island home

Firefighters peruse damage at the Moose Island home

Area firefighters peruse damage at the Moose Island home of the Rice family. The shop was a complete loss, but the family’s home was spared.

Photo courtesy Leslie McDonald-Rice

A fire destroys shop on Moose Island in Stonington

A fire destroys shop on Moose Island in Stonington

A shop at the home of Brad Rice and Leslie McDonald-Rice caught fire on Sunday, January 19. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, though Stonington Fire Chief David Thompson thinks the cause may have been a battery charger stored in the shop.

Photo courtesy Leslie McDonald-Rice

Related story