Historic Penobscot Postcards
A view of the “chocolate church”
A view of the “chocolate church,” dating from around 1919.
H.S. Jones Store in North Penobscot
An early 20th century photograph of the H.S. Jones Store, in North Penobscot.
An historic view of Blue Hill Street, now called Western County Road
A view of Blue Hill Street, now called Western County Road, presented at “Penobscot: A Postcard View,” at the Penobscot Town Hall on October 21. View more Penobscot postcard photos at castinepatriot.com.
A view of North Penobscot
A North Penobscot street view, which includes the Highland Grange. Photo from the Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co. Collection.
Bill Murtagh of Penobscot and Kevin Johnson of the Penobscot Marine Museum
From left, Bill Murtagh, a Penobscot resident and the first keeper of the National Register of Historic Places, speaks with Kevin Johnson of the Penobscot Marine Museum after “Penobscot: A Postcard View,” at the town hall on October 21.