You can also view and subscribe to Maine Public Notices at http://www.mainenotices.com/
SCHOOL UNION 76
Nomination papers will be available at the Superintendent's Office in Deer Isle, ME starting December 11, 2015, for (2) three-year terms on the Deer Isle-Stonington CSD School Committee. Nomination papers are due at the Town offices no later than January 22, 2016, at 12 p.m.
Nomination papers will be available at the Stonington Town Office, for the positions listed below, as of Monday, December 14, 2015, and must be returned by 4 p.m., Friday, January 22, 2016.
1. One 1-year Selectman Term
2. One 3-year Selectman Term
3. One 2-year Sanitary District Trustee – In District
4. One 3-year Sanitary District Trustee – In District
5. One 3-year Sanitary District Trustee – In or Out of District
TOWN OF CASTINE
Curbside Trash Pick-up: Monday, November 30. Recycling Pick-up: Tuesday, December 1.
Please visit www.castine.me.us or Cable Channel 7 for additional Town notices & postings.
Upcoming Meetings in Emerson Hall:
Thursday/Friday, November 26 & 27 - Town Office & Transfer Station closed due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Monday, November 30 - Selectmen/Assessors & Overseers of the Poor Meeting at 4 p.m.
Tuesday, December 1 - CHPC Meeting at 4 p.m. No applications received.
Thursday, December 3 - Planning Board Work Session at 7 p.m. to review applications for completeness. Thursday, December 10 - Planning Board Meeting at 7 p.m. to review the following applications:
1) Bruce Boczkiewicz, M18 L61, 67 Perkins St., construct a new pier, ramp & floats including installation of a geothermal exchange grid; 2) Susan & Morris Disston, M5 L3, 35 Gulls Way, 1st & 2nd floor addition.
Monday, December 14 - Selectmen/Assessors & Overseers of the Poor Meeting at 4 p.m.
Thursday, December 31 - Selectmen/Assessors & Overseers of the Poor Meeting at 12 p.m. (noon).
Flying Santa: Sunday, November 29, at Fort George, approximately 10 a.m., weather permitting.
Mandatory Water Conservation Order is LIFTED.
Flushing Notice: The Water Department will be flushing water mains periodically through November and December as the water situation allows. You may experience low water pressure and/or water discoloration. We apologize for any inconveniences during this essential maintenance. If you have any questions, please contact the Town Office at 326-4502.
Dog Registrations: We can now process 2016 dog registrations. Please bring in proof of rabies vaccination. Cost is $6 for a spayed/neutered dog and $11 for a non-spayed/non-neutered dog.
TOWN OF DEER ISLE
Nomination papers are available at the Deer Isle Town Office as of Monday December 14, 2015. They must be returned no later than the close of business on Friday, January 22, 2016. Nomination papers are available for the following positions:
1. Selectman–3-year term
2. Treasurer/Tax Collector–1-year term
3. Town Clerk–1-year term
4. Road Commissioner–1-year term
Rebekah Knowlton, Town Clerk
TOWN OF DEER ISLE
The Deer Isle Planning Board will hold a meeting on Thursday, December 3, 2015, at 7 p.m. at the Town Hall to consider the following business:
1. A building permit for Peter Bennett for construction of a 5 bedroom home and garage. Located at Eighty Lane in Deer Isle. Map 13, Lot 20, 21.
2. To receive any proposed changes to the Land Use Ordinance.
3. To consider any other business that may be properly brought before the board. Flood plain maps are available for the public to review.
Deer Isle Planning Board
Jeremy Stewart, Chairman
TOWN OF STONINGTON
The Stonington Town Office will be closed Thursday, November 26, and Friday, November 27, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. We will reopen Monday, November 30, at 8 a.m.
TOWN OF STONINGTON
The Town of Stonington parking ban is in effect for December 1, 2015-April 15, 2016, from 11 p.m.-5 a.m. for Main and West Main for snow removal per the Stonington Parking Ordinance.