You can also view and subscribe to Maine Public Notices at http://www.mainenotices.com/
The Sedgwick-Brooksville Town Landing Committee announced on May 20, 2015, the offer of a $2,500 (two thousand, five hundred dollars) reward for information resulting in the arrest and conviction of the person(s) who vandalized the Walker Pond landing on March 26, 2015.
Anyone with information may contact Deputy Travis Frost at 667-7575.
NOTICE TO STONINGTON WATER COMPANY CUSTOMERS
The Stonington Water Company will be flushing its fire hydrants June 3, 2015, and June 4, 2015. During this time period, you may notice intermittent pressure fluctuations and occasional discoloration of the tap water. The discoloration caused by the flushing process is due to the presence of iron. It is recommended that you run your cold water for a short period of time following flushing on your street to remove this discoloration. Do not use chlorine bleach products during this time period as it may react with the iron compounds and stain your clothing. Call the Stonington Water Company at 367-2351 x15 if you have any questions.
TOWN OF BLUE HILL
There will be a regular meeting of the Blue Hill Planning Board, Monday, June 8, 2015, 7 p.m. at the Town Hall to review the following: 1) David Zimmerman and Kathleen Burke to divide a lot within “Goodnight Subdivision,” Map 28, Lot 69, 154 Ellsworth Rd. 2) Change of Use Application for George Stevens Academy – Converting the former “Lay” residence into a dorm with an additional apartment, Map 14, Lot 18, 30 Tenney Hill Rd. The public is always welcome.
TOWN OF CASTINE
Curbside Trash Pick-up: Monday, June 1st
Recycling Pick-up: Tuesday, June 2. Please visit www.castine.me.us or Cable Channel 7 for additional Town notices & postings.
Upcoming Meetings in Emerson Hall: Monday, June 1 - Selectmen/Assessors & Overseers of the Poor Mtg at 4pm. Tentative Agenda:
1) Approve renewal Liquor & Amusement licenses-Pentagoet Inn Tuesday, June 2 - CHPC Mtg at 4pm.
To consider the following applications:
1) Gunilla & Par Kettis, 21 School St, M24 L4, replace front gutters & down spouts
2) Castine Historical Society, 17 School St, M24 L5, Construct a fence. Wednesday, June 3 - Harbor Committee Meeting at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, June 11 - Planning Board Mtg. At 7pm. No applications received. Monday, June 15 - Selectmen/Assessors & Overseers of the Poor Meeting at 4 p.m.
Notices: Phase 2 Road/Infrastructure Main Street Construction Parking Restrictions:
• NO parking on Battle Avenue at top of Main Street
• Two-hour parking on east side of Main Street (between Perkins and Water) Spring Clean-up: Castine residents will be able to take yard debris to the Transfer Station and dispose of, free of charge, during the month of May. If you have any questions, please contact the Town Office at 326-4502.Town Reports: Town reports are available for pick-up at the Town Office during regular business hours (8 AM- 3:30PM). Memorial Day Parade: The Memorial Day Parade will take place on Monday, May 25, at 10 a.m., weather permitting. Parade participants should be at the Court Street Cemetery Entrance by 9:30 a.m. Curbside Trash Pick-up: Curbside Trash Pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 26, due to the Memorial Day Holiday. Flushing Hydrants: The Castine Water Dept plans on flushing hydrants during the month of May. You may experience low to no water pressure and/or water discoloration. We apologize for any inconviences this may cause.